"What? The litter box is full…"
"Slowly, very slowly, he sat up and as he did so he felt more alive and more aware of his own living body than ever before. Why had he never appreciated what a miracle he was, brain and nerve and bounding heart? It would all be gone… or at least, he would be gone from it."
I have always loved this quote from Deathly Hallows. It’s always spoken to my sense of living in the now and never taking life for granted. The bits all represent my favorite characters; the snitch for Harry, the deluminator for Ron, the time turner for Hermione and the wand is all me (cherry and phoenix feather, 12 1/4 inches). I also like how the phrases, in a way, represent the famous trio - Hermione being the brain, Harry the nerve, and Ron the heart. Done by Nick at Old Town Tattoo in Edinburgh, Scotland. I am absolutely in love with it.
This could be fun or extremely sad
- 1: Name
- 2: Age
- 3: 3 Fears
- 4: 3 things I love
- 5: 4 turns on
- 6: 4 turns off
- 7: My best friend
- 8: Sexual orientation
- 9: My best first date
- 10: How tall am I
- 11: What do I miss
- 12: What time were I born
- 13: Favorite color
- 14: Do I have a crush
- 15: Favorite quote
- 16: Favorite place
- 17: Favorite food
- 18: Do I use sarcasm
- 19: What am I listening to right now
- 20: First thing I notice in new person
- 21: Shoe size
- 22: Eye color
- 23: Hair color
- 24: Favorite style of clothing
- 25: Ever done a prank call?
- 27: Meaning behind my URL
- 28: Favorite movie
- 29: Favorite song
- 30: Favorite band
- 31: How I feel right now
- 32: Someone I love
- 33: My current relationship status
- 34: My relationship with my parents
- 35: Favorite holiday
- 36: Tattoos and piercing i have
- 37: Tattoos and piercing i want
- 38: The reason I joined Tumblr
- 39: Do I and my last ex hate each other?
- 40: Do I ever get “good morning” or “good night ” texts?
- 41: Have I ever kissed the last person you texted?
- 42: When did I last hold hands?
- 43: How long does it take me to get ready in the morning?
- 44: Have You shaved your legs in the past three days?
- 45: Where am I right now?
- 46: If I were drunk & can’t stand, who’s taking care of me?
- 47: Do I like my music loud or at a reasonable level?
- 48: Do I live with my Mom and Dad?
- 49: Am I excited for anything?
- 50: Do I have someone of the opposite sex I can tell everything to?
- 51: How often do I wear a fake smile?
- 52: When was the last time I hugged someone?
- 53: What if the last person I kissed was kissing someone else right in front of me?
- 54: Is there anyone I trust even though I should not?
- 55: What is something I disliked about today?
- 56: If I could meet anyone on this earth, who would it be?
- 57: What do I think about most?
- 58: What’s my strangest talent?
- 59: Do I have any strange phobias?
- 60: Do I prefer to be behind the camera or in front of it?
- 61: What was the last lie I told?
- 62: Do I prefer talking on the phone or video chatting online?
- 63: Do I believe in ghosts? How about aliens?
- 64: Do I believe in magic?
- 65: Do I believe in luck?
- 66: What's the weather like right now?
- 67: What was the last book I've read?
- 68: Do I like the smell of gasoline?
- 69: Do I have any nicknames?
- 70: What was the worst injury I've ever had?
- 71: Do I spend money or save it?
- 72: Can I touch my nose with a tongue?
- 73: Is there anything pink in 10 feet from me?
- 74: Favorite animal?
- 75: What was I doing last night at 12 AM?
- 76: What do I think is Satan’s last name is?
- 77: What’s a song that always makes me happy when I hear it?
- 78: How can you win my heart?
- 79: What would I want to be written on my tombstone?
- 80: What is my favorite word?
- 81: My top 5 blogs on tumblr
- 82: If the whole world were listening to me right now, what would I say?
- 83: Do I have any relatives in jail?
- 84: I accidentally eat some radioactive vegetables. They were good, and what’s even cooler is that they endow me with the super-power of my choice! What is that power?
- 85: What would be a question I’d be afraid to tell the truth on?
- 86: What is my current desktop picture?
- 87: Had sex?
- 88: Bought condoms?
- 89: Gotten pregnant?
- 90: Failed a class?
- 91: Kissed a boy?
- 92: Kissed a girl?
- 93: Have I ever kissed somebody in the rain?
- 94: Had job?
- 95: Left the house without my wallet?
- 96: Bullied someone on the internet?
- 97: Had sex in public?
- 98: Played on a sports team?
- 99: Smoked weed?
- 100: Did drugs?
- 101: Smoked cigarettes?
- 102: Drank alcohol?
- 103: Am I a vegetarian/vegan?
- 104: Been overweight?
- 105: Been underweight?
- 106: Been to a wedding?
- 107: Been on the computer for 5 hours straight?
- 108: Watched TV for 5 hours straight?
- 109: Been outside my home country?
- 110: Gotten my heart broken?
- 111: Been to a professional sports game?
- 112: Broken a bone?
- 113: Cut myself?
- 114: Been to prom?
- 115: Been in airplane?
- 116: Fly by helicopter?
- 117: What concerts have I been to?
- 118: Had a crush on someone of the same sex?
- 119: Learned another language?
- 120: Wore make up?
- 121: Lost my virginity before I was 18?
- 122: Had oral sex?
- 123: Dyed my hair?
- 124: Voted in a presidential election?
- 125: Rode in an ambulance?
- 126: Had a surgery?
- 127: Met someone famous?
- 128: Stalked someone on a social network?
- 129: Peed outside?
- 130: Been fishing?
- 131: Helped with charity?
- 132: Been rejected by a crush?
- 133: Broken a mirror?
- 134: What do I want for birthday?
i love sir patrick stewart more with each passing day.
See, guys. This is how you do it. Notice the words “Not all men are like that” are never spoken.
He knows men are like that
his father was like that to his mother
he has experienced the pain firsthand, of what it’s like when men are like that
and he never wants men to be like that again and he fights tooth and nail against the men who are still like that
And moreover, he acknowledges his privilege [as an older white male who is famous/well known] and uses it to speak up. He knows what he is, and he never has to say he’s not like those men he fights against—he never says it, his actions speak loud enough for everyone else to see it.
Sir Patrick Stewart, everyone.
GODDAMN IT TUMBLR, CAN YOU AT LEAST GIVE US THEIR NAMES?!?!?
- Ching Shih was a prominent pirate in middle Qing China, who terrorized the China Sea in the early 19th century. She commanded over 300 junks manned by 20,000 to 40,000 pirates another estimate has Cheng’s fleet at 1800 and crew at about 80,000— men, women, and even children. She challenged the empires of the time, such as the British, Portuguese and the Qing dynasty. Undefeated, she would become one of China and Asia’s strongest pirates, and one of world history’s most powerful pirates. She was also one of the few pirate captains to retire from piracy.
- Nancy Wake (one of the few white women on this list; of course you put her name on the graphic…)
- Lyudmila Pavlichenko
- Rukhsana Kausar
- The Gulabi gang (gulabi is Hindi for “pink”) was founded by Sampat Pal Devi, a mother of five and former government health worker (as well as a former child bride), as a response to widespread domestic abuse and other violence against women.Gulabis visit abusive husbands and threaten to beat them with laathis (sticks) unless they stop abusing their wives. Al Jazeera reports there are 400,000 members across Northern India.
- Neejra Bhanot was just 22 when terrorists from the Abu Nidal Organization hijacked Pan Am Flight 73, where she was the senior flight purser. After 17 hours (and yes, hiding American passports to protect those passengers), when the hijackers opened fire and set off explosives, Bhanot opened the emergency door and helped a number of passengers escape. She could have been the first to jump out when she opened the door but she decided not and was shot while shielding three children from a hail of bullets. Bhanot was recognized internationally as “the heroine of the hijack” and is the youngest recipient of the Ashok Chakra Award, India’s most prestigious gallantry award for bravery during peace time.
- Zainab Bibi, 42, allegedly told authorities she killed her husband Ahmad Abbas because he tried to sexually assault her 17-year-old daughter from another marriage.
- In September 2006, Susan Kuhnhausen found an intruder in her southeast Portland, OR home. “I saw a man step out of the shadows and he began to hit me in the head and the face with a hammer,” said Kuhnhausen. “I got the hammer and started hitting him with the hammer several times. My father, the carpenter, always taught me a hammer could be used for self defense — the claw end would work the best,” said Kuhnhausen. Kuhnhausen’s husband, Michael, had hired Ed Haffey to kill his wife.
- Seriously, fuck this one. The photo is of Parinya Chareonphol or Nong Thoom who is a kathoey, which many Thai believe to be a third gender (as opposed to the Western idea of ‘transgender’.) After a short time as a Buddhist monk, she took up Muy Thai kickboxing to support her parents and make enough money to pay for her sex-reassignment surgery, and basically kicked ass at it for several years. She was not “constantly made fun of before fights;” the Muy Thai community embraced her and her presence greatly revitalized both media and public interest in the sport, as shown by increased ticket sales and stadium revenue. The movie Beautiful Boxer was made about her, and she has recently acted in Mercury Man as well as continuing to kickbox. So yeah, fuck this one hard.
- Juliane Diller née Koepcke was the only survivor of the LANSA Flight 508 crash in 1971. Despite sustaining a broken collar bone, a deep gash to her right arm, a concussion and an eye injury in the fall, she was able to trek through the dense Amazon jungle for 10 days, until she was rescued by local lumbermen, who subsequently took her by canoe back to civilization. It was later discovered that as many as 14 other passengers also survived the initial fall from the disintegrated plane but were unable to seek help and died while awaiting rescue.
Seriously, guys, this took me like 20 minutes using Google and Wikipedia. These women are real people with real names and real stories. Please don’t reduce them to a picture (most of which came from Wikipedia in the first place oh my god i know you were there) and an “uplifting” story.
Look at these kickass women, and remember their names!!
They are so damn raw
(Left to Right): Peter Buffett, Jimmie Briggs, Joe Ehrmann, Tony Porter,
Dave Zirin and Moderator Eve Ensler.
No, thank truecrimeguru for that photo
1) Bonnie Parker vest swatch
2) Nail and chunk of concrete from the basement where Sylvia Likens was killed along with Gertrude’s signature
3) Soil samples from the crime scenes of JJ Paulsen and Ken and Kari Allen and a rock from Dahmers old house
4) Signed photo of Howie Belcher (thank thedeathmerchant)
5) Swatch of Aileen’s underpants she wore on death row
That fucker told me to thank you. Well whatevs thanks anyway!
Told you to thank me? He sent it!
My Eyes - Dita Von Teese by Alberto Lanz | via Tumblr on We Heart It